10 Things You Can Do Now To Waste Less
Updated: Apr 26, 2021
There is no quote truer than this one when it comes to our relationship with our planet.
I'm committed to helping people reclaim their time & reclaim their minds. Once people remember how to care for themselves, they have room & bandwidth to care for our planet. Because it should be Earth Day each day, here are my favorite tips on how to waste less.
Something you need to know & share widely:
Every single piece of plastic that has ever been created since the 19th century is STILL SOMEWHERE ON OUR PLANET.
Many of these tips involve minimal effort & the ones that do require effort actually enrich our lives. I am giving you links to items so you can get a visual, but I hope that you can activate your own communities by shopping local as much as possible! Please share your tips with me in the comments and I will post in my next newsletter & on social.
1) Carry a reusable water bottle & while you're at it, make it alkaline. If your tap water is the reason you're drinking bottled, consider getting one of these filters ASAP.
2) Bring your own reusable totes & grocery bags wherever you go! We all know this by now, but we just have to remember them!!!! If you need a couple more, ours are super cute and really durable. If you are buying just a few things, another option is to carry your groceries out by hand. I've definitely been known to do this!
3) When buying groceries, choose the produce that is not covered in plastic. "Convenience" items are usually in single-use plastic. Most of Trader Joe's produce items are covered in plastic. Find a grocery store that does not pre-package fruits and veggies or head to your local farmers market. Spend 5 minutes 2x a week to pre-chop your veggies and fruits.
4) Bring your own canvas bags for produce instead of using plastic bags. Lot's of options. Here's a list to help you choose. Or you can just be like me and use your tote bags!
5) Eat at home more. Have friends over to make it fun. Make it a potluck to take the pressure off. Try a new recipe. You'll save $ too! Check out my recipes for some new & healthy ideas!