Updated: Aug 30
Instead of a resolution, how about an intention? Instead of a diet, how about a lifestyle change? We don't need to set ourselves up for failure, but be supportive of our nature. Let's get to know ourselves. If we've broken a 'resolution', we haven't given up. Tomorrow is for getting up & trying again. Let's resolve to live with intention. Intention will never fail, because each new moment, breath, pulse, is another chance to be what we seek. Go get 'em.
DELICIOUS LENTIL SOUP
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-1 cup chopped onions (depending on how oniony you are)
1 pound brown lentils
4 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 cups chopped kale (without spine)
1/4 lb spaghetti noodles broken in
1-2in pieces (optional)1 level tsp cumin
1/4 tsp yelow curry powdersalt and/or Braggs' amino acids to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup lemon juice
1) Heat oil in large pot over med heat. Once the pot is warmed up, add onions and stir until onions begin to turn clear & eventually caramelize, about 7-10 minutes.
2) Put the lentils, garlic, noodles, cumin, curry powder & pepper into the pot. Pour in enough water so that it is about 2 inches deeper than the lentil mixture. Stir well to loosen browned bits of onion on the bottom of the pot.
3) Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
4) Simmer for 10 min, add kale, simmer for 10 more min uncovered, or until lentils are tender. If soup gets too thick, add a little more water.
5) Lower heat, add salt and/or Bragg's to taste. Stir in lemon juice.
6) Serve with a piece of toasted bread. We ate it with a dollup of garlic sauce on top & a dash of nutritional yeast (great source of vitamin B). Tastes great over rice too!
#detroitgypsykitchen #dinner #healthysoup #lunch #naturallyempowered #newyearsintentions #noresolutions #plantbaseddiet #vegansouprecipe #detroithealthcoach #instituteforintegrativenutrition #stephanieselvaggio #veganlentilsouprecipe